I recently bought a new SD card and had to prepare the card. Here’s a run-through of the steps for formatting an SD Card for Magic Lantern. I’ve also prepared all the files you’ll need…
Here is the process using a Mac running MacOS:
- Low level format your new SD card in-camera, then remove the SD card and pop it into your Mac
- Unzip the MacBoot folder. First time use: double click
macboot.commandand enter your Mac’s password. The MacBoot app will open*
- Choose your card size in the drop down (top right)
- Check ‘Make DSLR-bootable’
- Click ‘Prepare Card’
- Copy your Magic Lantern files onto the SD card. Nb. there is no need to try unzipping the
autoexec.binfile, leave that as it is, ML will know how to use it.
- Eject the SD card and pop back in your camera, test ML is working.
* For future use you can simply open MacBoot.class each time.
SUBSCRIBE FOR FRESH CONTENT
Follow me on social media for updates.