I recently bought a new SD card and had to prepare the card. Here’s a run-through of the steps for formatting an SD Card for Magic Lantern. I’ve also prepared all the files you’ll need…
Here is the process using a Mac running Yosemite, or Mavericks:
- Low level format your new SD card in-camera, then remove the SD card and pop it into your Mac
- Unzip the folder. First time use: double click macboot.command and enter your Mac’s password. The MacBoot app will open*
- Choose your card size in the drop down (top right)
- Check Make DSLR-bootable
- Click Prepare Card
- Copy your Magic Lantern files onto the SD card
- Eject the SD card and pop back in your camera, test ML is working.
* For future use you can simply open MacBoot.class each time.
SUBSCRIBE FOR FRESH CONTENT
Follow me on social media for updates.